DEBATE: Can the U.S. and China Get Along? Meeting China Halfway
Hosted by The Carter Center and The Global Times Foundation
Co-sponsored by The Claus M. Halle Institute for Global Learning and International Peace and Development Research Center of the Xi’an Jiaotong University
Seating is first-come, first-served.
The Carter Center and the Global Times Foundation invite participants to join the round-table debate by leading scholars.
- Ambassador Julia Chang BLOCH, President, the US-China Education Trust
- Harry HARDING, Professor of Public Policy and Politics, University of Virginia
- Lyle GOLDSTEIN, Associate Professor in the China Maritime Studies Institute, U.S. Naval War College
- Robert A. KAPP, Senior Program Advisor, China Program, The Carter Center
- Daniel Christopher LYNCH, Associate Professor of International Relations, University of Southern California Dornsife
- Zhe SUN, Director of the Center for U.S.-China Relations, Tsinghua University
- Dong WANG, Associate Professor of International Relations, Beijing University
- Xijin HU, Editor-in-Chief, Global Times
- Gang DING, Bureau Chief, Latin America Regional Bureau, Global Times
- Moderator: Yawei LIU, Director of China Program, The Carter Center